Experienced Westlake Village Divorce Attorney
Divorce is a step into unknown territory where you cannot necessarily control the outcome. If you have children, you know they are facing some big changes. If you have a business, you know that the division of your property will affect your finances. What you don't know is how much these changes will affect your life and the lives of your children.
At the Law Office of Jacqueline Y. Blade, we are committed to providing you with honest, effective legal guidance that produces amicable resolutions whenever possible and court-enforced solutions when necessary. We are familiar with challenges and complexities of divorce and help clients develop sound, creative courses of action once they emerge from divorce.
Honesty, Integrity, Committed Service | Westlake Village: 805-496-2311 | E-Mail
There are many concerns that couples may have when considering divorce. At our law office, we have experience dealing with a variety of divorce and other family law issues, including:
- > Legal separation: Couples will choose legal separation over divorce for a variety of reasons. They may not want to terminate their marital status so they can continue to share health insurance benefits or for religious reasons. The process of obtaining a legal separation is essentially the same as obtaining a divorce. Assets & debts must be distributed and child custody and support need to be ordered. The outcome is different in that in a legal separation you remain married to your spouse.
- > Paternity: Paternity is the process to legally determine who the father of a child is. Once paternity is established, child support and child custody matters can be determined. Proving who the father is makes it easier to collect child support later on.
- > Divorce and bankruptcy: Our lawyer regularly assists individuals anticipating divorce to file for bankruptcy so that they can emerge from a divorce debt-free.
- > Child support and spousal support: The state of California has put in place Child Support Guidelines that help estimate the amount of support that will be ordered based on both parents' income, custody percentages, and a variety of other factors.
- > Child custody, visitation, parenting plans and move aways: Developing a creative co-parenting plan that works for you and is in your child's best interests is a top priority.
- > High Net Worth Property Division & Business Valuation: Whether you are seeking to ensure a fair community property division or to minimize your expenditures while fulfilling your obligations, we can help.
- > Protecting Your Investments in Divorce: California is a community property state; property accumulated during the marriage must be equitably divided. We have considerable experience addressing issues that allow for fair settlements while protecting our clients' investments.
- > Domestic Violence Restraining Orders: If you are in an abusive relationship, need protection for yourself and your children and want to get out, there are ways to do that safely, and we can help you.
- > Guardianships: When a parent is unfit or unable to care for the children and a family member such as a grandparent seeks guardianship, we can help.
To learn more about how our lawyer can assist you in resolving your specific legal concern, please call our law office at 805-496-2311 or contact us online.